Bellaire Cultural Arts Commission
On June 16, 2003, Bellaire City Council approved Ordinance No. 03-046 establishing an ad hoc committee, the Bellaire Arts Council. On April 19, 2004, Bellaire City Council approved Ordinance No. 04-027 upon determination that a program to promote art in public spaces in Bellaire would enhance the value of the community the Bellaire Arts Council was reconstitued to a standing committe, the Bellaire Arts Commission (BAC). On March 1, 2010 Bellaire City Council approved Ordinance No. 10-017 changed the name of the Bellaire Arts Commission to Bellaire Cultural Arts Commission (BCAC) to reflect an expanded and modified scope to include support for community projects involving cultural arts.
Please see the Bellaire Cultural Mission, Goals & Objectives and to learn more about this Commission. This group meets the second Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm. Agendas and Minutes can be found on the left banner. Also provided is a copy of the Revised Bellaire Cultural Arts Commission Master Plan approved on June 6, 2011.
To enhance the quality of life in Bellaire with visual and performing art by transforming the places we live, work, and play into more welcoming and beautiful environments through the integration of artistic styles that reflect the vibrant image of Bellaire as a contemporary and progressive city.
Goals & Objectives
- Provide the City of Bellaire, Texas and its citizens with an art program for future public art and acquisition, performing and visual art exhibition and demonstration.
- To serve as a vehicle to approach other governmental agencies and the private sector for financial assistance to develop public art in Bellaire, Texas
- To serve as a guide for future BCAC members
- To prepare and submit to the City Council of the City of Bellaire, Texas, recommendations for public art projects and improvements to be located in public spaces within the City of Bellaire, Texas.
- To prepare and submit budgets for the development and installation of any public art projects and improvements recommended by the Bellaire Cultural Arts Commission to the City Council of the City of Bellaire, Texas.
- To investigate and recommend to the City Council of the City of Bellaire, Texas, possible funding mechanisms for an ongoing public arts program.
- To participate in cooperative projects with city departments, boards, commissions, committees, and nonprofit entities.
The City Council of the City of Bellaire officially adopted by resolution, (07-18), the Bellaire Arts Master Plan,
(formerly the Bellaire Arts Commission Master Plan) for the period 2008-2012. The first revision to this plan was made on June 6, 2011. And can be viewed here. Click Here for the current Bellaire Arts Master Plan
Current information about the members information can be found by clicking here.