Proper dress is required when appearing in court
Unacceptable attire includes but is not limited to:
1. Shorts and cut-offs
2. Muscle shirts, clothing with offensive messages
3. Tank tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, low cut shirts/blouses
5. Men must have their shirts tucked in
1. NO CELL PHONES, CAMERAS OR ANY OTHER DIGITAL DEVICES ARE
PERMITTED IN THE COURT ROOM, LEAVE THEM IN YOUR VEHICLE
2. Be on time. The courtroom will open 30 minutes prior to your court time.
3. Do not argue with the Court.
4. Do not read newspapers, magazines, books, etc. in the courtroom during
5. Do not talk at the same time as the Judge, or other court personnel.
6. Do not enter and depart the courtroom excessively.
7. Do not approach the Judge's bench without permission. Do not rest your arms
or hands on the bench.
8. No food or drinks are allowed in the court room.
9. Due to limited space in the court room, children and other guests will not be
allowed to enter the court room while court is in session.
If you had liability insurance that was valid at the time the citation was issued, YOU MUST APPEAR IN COURT
with your insurance policy to have that matter dismissed.
A conviction of an offense under a traffic law of this state or a political subdivision of this state may result in the assessment on your driver's license of a surcharge under the Driver Responsibility Program.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 1, 2009
If you are convicted of a misdemeanor offense involving violence where you are or were a spouse, intimate partner, parent, or guardian of the victim or are or were involved in another, similar relationship with the victim, it may be unlawful for you to possess or purchase a firearm, including a handgun or long gun, or ammunition, pursuant to federal law under 18 U.S.C. Section 922(g)(9) or Section 46.04(b), Penal Code. If you have any questions whether these laws make it illegal for you to possess or purchase a firearm, you should consult an attorney.